From the Delivering Asia Communications and C9 Hotelworks event Malaysia Tourism – On the Border
Date: Wednesday 29 July
Time: 2:00pm Bangkok / 3:00pm KL & SIN
Malaysia is one of Southeast Asia’s most dynamic and diverse tourism, travel and hotel marketplaces. As Asia rises from the impact of the Covid-19 crisis, the hospitality industry is looking for green shoots in the shape of travel bubbles or green lanes to trigger the recovery. With nearly two-thirds of Malaysia’s tourists coming from ASEAN, inter-regional and cross border travel are the early movers in the uphill journey ahead.
This highly relevant virtual event is focused on Malaysia tourism’s most relevant issues, here and now with leading experts in Malaysia’s exciting tourism scene. Topics covered will include –
• Tourism attractions – what are they doing to recreate themselves in the post crisis world?
• NextGen Malaysian hospitality leadership – changing faces, new ideas
• Malaysia’s hotel market performance – what lies ahead?
• How can hotels forecast in a volatile trading environment where cash is everything?
• Building an eco/sustainable project in Malaysia. Is green the new luxury?
• Muslim Friendly Tourism – how can brand Malaysia be a market leader?
• China Market – tapping into the evolving social media channels to drive demand
• Dato’ Tan Kia Loke, Managing Director, Sunway Group
• Jesper Palmqvist, Area Director – Asia Pacific, STR
• Sen Soon Mun, Director, Horwath HTL
• Hannah Pearson, Founder, Pear Anderson
• Reza Cockrell, Co-founder, The Habitat
• Andreas Rud, CEO, Ri-Yaz Hotels & Resorts
• Ricky Ang, Founder & Director, Sepia Hotels & Hotels
• Bill Barnett, Managing Director, C9 Hotelworks
• Vanessa Zhu, China Director, Delivering Asia Communications
• David Johnson, CEO, Delivering Asia Communications
Webinar Organisers: Delivering Asia Communications & C9 Hotelworks
About Delivering Asia Communications
Delivering Asia Communications (DAC) is a leading hospitality PR company in Asia with offices across the region. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Bangkok, DAC specialises in strategic communications, media relations and digital marketing for hotels, resorts and branded residences. Clients range from global hospitality chains to luxury independent brands. DAC is led by CEO David Johnson. The China Vietnam Travel Sentiment Survey was led by DAC’s Shanghai office which provides cutting edge digital services for the outbound China market into Asia. www.delivering.asia
About C9 Hotelworks
C9 Hotelworks is led by founder and Managing Director Bill Barnett, who brings over 30 years’ experience in the Asian hospitality and real estate sectors. Prior to founding C9 in 2003, Bill held senior executive roles in hotel operations, development and asset management. He is considered to be a leading global authority on hotel residences and has sat at almost every seat around the hospitality and real estate table. Bill promotes industry insight through regular conference presentations at key events and contributes to numerous industry publications. For more information contact www.c9hotelworks.com
Business Development Director
Delivering Asia Communications
t: +66 8 7468 8588