Few corners of China are bustling at the scale of Guangzhou, the country’s third-biggest city. Situated along the Pearl River not far upstream from Hong Kong, Guangzhou may be a giant 21st-century economic powerhouse, but its cultural and historical attractions-including the Huaisheng Mosque and the Temple of the Six Banyan Trees-offer wonderful glimpses into a much deeper-rooted heritage.
Explore how thousands of years of culturally and artistically rich history resonate within one of China’s fastest-paced and most prosperous areas on this eye-opening journey to the Pearl River Delta. You’ll enjoy a full-day tour each of the Pearl River metropolises of Guangzhou (known for the Sacred Heart Cathedral, the Guangdong Provincial Museum, and other landmarks) and Foshan (which boasts, among other treasures, a hilltop statue of the beloved Buddhist bodhisattva Guanyin).
• 4 days and 3 nights at China Hotel, A Marriott Hotel, Guangzhou, 122 Liu Hua Lu, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510015, China.
• Price is per person and based on 2 adults per room.
• Featuring deluxe accommodations with 1 king bed or 2 double beds, pillow-top mattress, lighted makeup mirror, hair dryer, robe and slippers for use during your stay, alarm clock, in-room safe, writing desk, iron and ironing board, complimentary bottled water, tea and coffee-making facilities.
• See itinerary for meals included.
• Full-day Guangzhou city tour.
• Full-day Foshan cultural tour.
• A host will be provided when 20 adults have been booked.
• If a hosted trip, a welcome check-in on the day of arrival and welcome reception will be provided to members and their guests.
• Your trip includes 2 airport transfers:
→ December 25 at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.: From Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport to hotel.
→ December 28 at 9 a.m. and noon: From hotel to Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport.
To take advantage of round-trip airport transfers, you must provide your flight information to the vacation specialist no later than December 11. These transfers are available only for the airport(s) and dates listed above. Transfers will not be offered if the flight information is not received by the deadline and transfers at any other time will incur a separate charge. Do not email flight information to the vacation specialist.
• Air transportation is not included. The closest commercial airport is Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN).
Check-in: 3 p.m. Check-out: 11 a.m.
For any questions regarding this trip, contact the DreamTrips Specialist at DreamTrips@rovia.com.
Conveniently located near major public-transportation hubs and bordered by lovely greenspaces, the China Hotel, a Marriott Hotel, will welcome you like royalty to Guangzhou and the Pearl River Delta.
Bask in your luxurious accommodations throughout, whether you’re working out or enjoying a sauna in the 24-hour Health Club or shopping the on-site boutiques. With the China Hotel’s seven restaurants, you’ll have a lovely array of flavors to explore: from the Cantonese dishes of the Four Seasons and the street-food-inspired Chinese fare of Food Street to the Western classics of the Prime Steakhouse.
At the end of a wonderful city tour, escape for a relaxing cocktail to the Sapphire Lounge or the Middle Eastern-flavored Shisha on 4 bar.
When: 25 Dec 2015 Fri 15:00-11:00
Where: China Hotel, A Marriott® Hotel, Guangzhou